Tunnel Kuni Booster
The Tunnel Kuni Booster is a highly efficient water heater, designed for burning any combustible waste/material, converting it to hot water in minutes.
For your home:
Connect our Tunnel Kuni Booster to a storage facility to store your hot water:
- Connect to one of our Tunnel Storage Tanks, which are suited to the heating capacities (see table below)
- Modify an old oil drum for 100L or 200L capacity
- Connect directly to an immersion heater cylinder
- Connect to an existing solar heating system, “boosting” your hot water on cold, cloudy days when solar energy is low
- Note that a storage facility is extremely necessary when installing a Tunnel Kuni Booster; it MUST NOT be connected directly to pipes supplying water to your bathroom/kitchen etc.
- Choose LL (galvanised) option for use with impurified borehole water
- Tunnel Kuni Boosters can withstand pressures of up to 40ft head
- Before purchasing, contact us for advice and more information
- After purchasing, see Installation Instructions on Downloads page
Tunnel Kuni Boosters No.1 and No.2 are the most common for domestic use (see Heating Capacity).
For pasteurizing milk:
See Tunnel Pasteurizer on the Product page.
To use as a steam boiler:
See Tunnel Steam Sterilizer on the Product page.
More benefits include:
- The Tunnel Kuni Booster is the best and most efficient water boiler
- Effectively reduce your electricity bills (payback period of approx. 10 months)
- Use up any combustible waste, fuel consumption is less than half of any conventional boiler
- Original design; tried and tested since 1960s
- Uniquely designed for maximum use of heat generated
- Draw off enough hot water for a bath in less than 20 minutes
- 6 different sizes to suit your needs from 20L to 2000L
- We offer galvanized options for use with borehole water
- Minimal damage from ash corrosion
- Thousands sold throughout East Africa
- Winner of the International Millennium Gold Award in 2000, Madrid, Spain
- Minimum 5 Years lifetime if set up correctly
Product Number Heating Capacity (L) Dimensions (Inches) No.1 Tunnel Kuni Booster 20-100L W14" x L24" x H22" No.2 Tunnel Kuni Booster 200-400L W18" x L36" x H22" No.3 Tunnel Kuni Booster 500L W34" x L36" x H30" No.4 Tunnel Kuni Booster 1000L W29" x L48" x H38" No.5 Tunnel Kuni Booster 1500L W36" x L60" x H48" No.6 Tunnel Kuni Booster 2000L W48" x L72" x H52"